2013年12月26日 星期四

Music Video---Five for fighting:100 years



Why are you sharing this song?
     When I were in junior high school, one of my favorite activities is to go to record store. Now i still enjoy exploring CDs in record store(but there are not many record store in Taipei now, what a pity!) I bought a lot of albums when I were in junior high school, and that's why I found this band---Five for fighting. Although five for fighting is a band, but actually the member of the band is only a person,John Ondrasik, who is the band's vocal, pianist, composer and guitarist.The reason why I want to share this song is because this song is the first song that I know of five for fighting, and after I listen to this song I was crazy about this band. His voice really warm up my heart and he is also a good song writer, I love his lyrics very much! Unlike those pop song that is full of empty lyrics or always talks about shallow love, five for fighting's lyrics often talks about life's lesson. Some of the lyrics are like stories so you have to listen to the whole song then you'll know what he wants to express. I really learn a lot from his songs and this song is still one of my favorite songs after many years.



What is the meaning of the lyrics?
    The song is a story about the stage of all ages, the song suppose that we all only got 100 years to live, and in every age we have different dream and goals. At first the singer sing "I'm 15 for a moment, Caught in between 10 and 20, And I just dreaming, counting the ways to where you are." 15 is the age of dreaming. and then singer sings about 22, which is the age of falling in love. But the singer thinks 15 is the best age in the life, so in the song he repeatly singing "15 there's still time for you, time to buy and time to lose, 15, there is no time better than this, when you only got 100 years to live." 
      Then the lyrics comes to 33, 33 is the age of having a family. After 33, it comes to 45, in 45 people often meet crisis, busy of chasing the years of life. Suddenly, with just a blink, people turn into 67 and another blink people turn into 99, which is almost the end of the life......
       The lyric seems doesn't tell anything deep, but after listening the song I started to recall the memory from my kinder-garden to university, which contains happiness, sweet and bitter. I think the song tells us that we should cherish our time and grasp it tight, time flies and suddenly we become older and older. Although I already leave the age of 15, I think I still have time to experience, and 22 is still a great age because it allows me to face challenges!





沒有留言:

張貼留言