2013年12月12日 星期四

Assignment 7 - TV Commercial in English






What is happening in the commercial?


At first, a man is in the bathroom, and he ask us to look at our man, after looking our man we need to look back him again. He seems to be very confident and thinks he has a wonderful body. And then he says that although our man can not be like him but if hi switched his body wash to the old spice he will become a better man, which means that if we are not satisfied with our man, we should change the body wash and then our man will become a prince charming. later, the scene suddenly changes from the bathroom to a boat. This commercial insinuating that if man use their product then they will be charming、handsome and romantic.


What is the product or service?


Body wash-Old spice.


Who is the target audience?

It is a man's body wash, so i think it's for man, especially for man that age between 25-45.


 What emotions does it use to persuade the reader to buy the product or service? (fear, guilt, excitement, humor, etc.)

It is fuuny and humor. The actor seems very serious, but what he says is very funny. I can't really underatand the commercial very much but it has a strange power makes me laugh. Although it is impossible that you can change a man to prince charming only by changing his body wash because it is too exaggerate, I think it is a creative commercial. Maybe Americans will think it is a funny commercial because it seems contain some America style humor. 

 Does it do a good job in persuading the watcher to buy the product? Why or why not?

The reason why I choose this video is because our marketing teacher play this commercial in class, and we are discussing about the viral video. This commercial is the NO.1 viral video of 2011 and it also has a series and the actor are all the same person in the video I share. the other videos also has a strange power to make me laugh. Although this commerical can't persuade me to buy the body wash since I am a female, this commercial already grabbed my heart and hard to forget. So I think it definitely memorized by lots of people, and people will think of old spice from time to time because of this commercial. 







3 則留言:

  1. 1. Are you part of the target audience for this commercial?
    I don't think so because I'm neither a man nor a lady with a man.

    2. Does the commercial do a good job in persuading the watcher to buy the product? Why or why not?
    Yes! I find it so funny, humorous, and creative! Although I'm not a man who need this product, I'll buy it for my boyfriend or husband in the future because it's so intriguing and makes me curious about how it will work.

    回覆刪除
  2. I am not the target audience for this commercial because I am not a man aged around 25-45. I think the commercial is doing a good job in persuading the watcher to buy the product because the lines the man in the commercial says might really prod some man who always being mocked for not being like a man.
    Irene

    回覆刪除
  3. I've seen this commercial in advertisement class too. It's not made to make you understand the content he says, but to make you laugh. Apparently I'm not its target audience since I'm not a man. I think this commercial is successful because it did create a buzz after it launched. There are a series of videos in the same campaign, and those on YouTube have been shared for millions of times.

    回覆刪除